Fight Night: Sat, Apr 13, 2019 - The Armory, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quillin vs Truax

Former champions Peter Quillin and Caleb Truax fight to no decision after Truax suffered a deep cut over his right eye in the second round.
Quillin vs Truax Round by Round Fight Summary. Rounds are displayed numerically as columns. Each row will display one of the following: W for win, L for loss, KO for knockout, or TKO for technical knock out. An empty column means that data is not available.
Fighter Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quillin No data available No data available No data available No data available
Truax No data available No data available No data available No data available

MINNEAPOLIS- Former world champions Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin and Caleb "Golden" Truax fought to a no-decision in an IBF super middleweight title eliminator that headlined Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes Saturday night from The Armory in Minneapolis.

Truax suffered a deep cut above his right eye midway through the second round from an accidental head butt. While he was able to finish the round, upon returning to his corner, the ringside doctor recommended stopping the bout. Because four rounds had not been completed, the fight was ruled a no-decision one second into round three. 

Quillin, who won both of the first two rounds on all three scorecards, was disappointed in the result but understood the doctor's decision. 

"First of all, I think the doctor's job is to make sure the fighter is safe," said Quillin. "That's number one. People would rather see him fight without an eye, but I'd rather have the guy be able to fight another day."

Truax, a Minnesota-native fighting in front of an electric hometown crowd, was understandably upset with the way the fight turned out. 

"It's disappointing I couldn't put on a good fight for the fans," said Truax. "They came to see 12 rounds of action. It hurts but that's boxing. I'm flattered that everybody came out for me. The fans are doing a great job representing how strong our boxing community is. This is one of the best times in decades for Minnesota boxing.

"My cutman tells me it's pretty bad so I'm going to have to take a little time off and get some stitches. I'll heal up and see what's next."

After the fight, Quillin said he would be willing to rematch Truax, and that he himself is ready to get right back to work. 

"I want to do it again with Truax here in Minnesota or come back to Brooklyn, my home," said Quillin. "Let him get stitched up. Me and my trainer will be back in the gym on Monday. We didn't get the sweat in, we didn't get to do anything tonight. We'll be back in the gym Monday and be dedicated and will wait for the phone to ring."